1. I do not own nor am I affiliated with BANDAI, which owns the anime Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, and have copyrights to the anime character and mecha information stated below. All credit regarding the anime should go to BANDAI.
2. I am also not the owner or affiliated with Palladium Books, whose RPG game format I am using to adapt Mobile Suit Gundam Seed characters and mecha for private gaming purposes. All credit regarding the RPG should go to Palladium.
3. I am working on this game only for NON-PROFIT purposes.
GAT-01 STRIKE DAGGER
Mecha Designed by: BANDAI
RPG format by: PALLADIUM BOOKS
RPG Stats by: Ultimate Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Text Format Adapted From: DAVE DEITRICH (email@example.com)
Background info adapted from MECHA ANIME HQ (http://www.mahq.net)
With ZAFT having pioneered mobile suit development with the introduction of the ZGMF-1017 GINN, the Earth Alliance is forced to quickly catch up and develop mobile suits to replace the ineffective mobile armor TS-MA2 Moebius.
The end result of that is the GAT-01 Strike Dagger, a mass production mobile suit based on the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam. As a mass production suit, the Strike Dagger lacks many design elements present in the original Strike Gundam, such as the Striker mission packs. It is armed with only one head Vulcan, one beam saber and a beam rifle.
The Strike Dagger also lacks EMP (electromagnetic pulse) shielding, which proves fatal in its debut at the Battle of Panama when ZAFT deploys its Gungnir System. These shortcomings are corrected later on with the GAT-01A1 Dagger. On a level of performance, the Strike Dagger generally exceeds the aging GINN in combat.
The Alliance quickly produces a high number of Strike Daggers and sends them immediately to the front lines. Strike Daggers are used heavily during the assault on the Orb Union and later in space against ZAFT during the last battles of the war. Following the war, the Alliance creates another mass production successor to the Strike Dagger/Dagger series, the GAT-02L2 Dagger L.
Model Number: GAT-01
Model Name: Strike Dagger
Unit Type: Mobile Suit
Class: Mass Production General Purpose Mobile Suit
Manufacturer: Earth Alliance
Primary Factory: Atlantic Federation
First Deployment: may 25, CE 71
Production Run: No information available
Operators: OMNI Enforcer
Crew: One (1) Pilot. There is space for one passenger but no seat (stand at side or back of pilot, or sit on pilot’s lap)
Operating System: No information available
75mm “Iglestellung” CIWS
ES01 Beam Saber
M703 57mm Beam Rifle
MDC by Location
Hands (2) 20 each
Arms 50 each
Shoulders (2) 75 each
Legs (2) 100 each
Main Body 200
Beam Saber Pommel 50
Anti-Beam Shield 400
Beam Rifle 100
1. Destroying the head of the Mobile Suit will knock the mobile suit’s primary sensors, including all the optics systems (infrared, night vision, thermal) and the CIWS. Radar and communications will not be affected.
2. Depleting the MDC of the Main Body will destroy the mobile suit. If online, the ultra-compact energy battery of the MS will explode, causing an additional 1d4 x 100 MDC of damage to all units within 100 meters of the MS. There is NO automatic ejection of the pilot should the MS explodes. If the pilot succeeds in shutting down before or if the battery charge is depleted when the main body MDC is depleted, there is no explosion and the MS is shut down. The pilot can successfully escape from the MS cockpit.
3. Depleting the MDC or severing the legs of the Strike Dagger will prohibit the mobile suit from walking or running, although jet-assisted leaps and flight can be possible, but flight speed is cut in half
Head Height: 21.43 meters
Max Gross Weight: 78.5 metric tons
120 mph (192 kph). Walking speed is 30-40 mph (60-80kph).
50 feet (15m) high or 70 feet (21m) long without thrusters
450 mph/700kph with max flight ceiling of 3000 feet in short bursts (1-8 rounds) before needing to land (shutting down thrusters for 1-4 round before they can be fired again). The Strike Dagger is not capable of sustained flight in atmosphere and achieving escape velocity to break thru Earth’s gravity into space without additional rocket assistance. Structural G-limits are +22.5 to –14.5 Earth gravities.
Mach 1.3 (900 mph/1440 kph).
The Strike Dagger is incapable of underwater operations.
Power Systems Data
Power Plant: Type 2 Ultra-compact Energy Battery, Auxiliary Power Unit
Energy Units (full charge):
Type 2 Ultra-compact Energy Battery: 1250 EU
Auxiliary Power Unit: 125 EU
Idle: 1 EU per round
Walking: 2 EU per round
Running: 3 EU per round
Underwater: 4 EU per round
Flying (Space): 5 EU per round